Friday, February 11, 2011

Snow Festival

In case you were wondering, I did in fact make it to Sapporo safely(and mostly uneventfully, even!). After 3 30-minute train rides, a 1.5-hour flight, 2 more 30-minute train rides and a short drive, I made it to the Shiratori family's house. I spent the night with them, and then went to the snow festival with them. After that, I met up with my friend Yoshi and went to Maruyama, a nearby zoo that had some cool winter activities (including a giant ice slide). We had dinner at his house, a bit of a welcoming party. And now I'm completely worn out from a long and busy day, so I'm just going to post pictures! Explanations can come later.










Tomorrow is going to be just as busy. I'm going to Shiroi Koibito (a white chocolate factory - otherwise known as heaven in my book), Hokkaido University, Otaru (a small town near Sapporo), and another party with my old friends. Should be fun! Have a wonderful weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment