Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Nothing but blue skies...


Look at this beautiful weather we're having! :) I was worried when I arrived home to snow on Sunday, but we have clear skies (clear enough to see the mountains on the other side of Lake Biwa) and decently warm weather - it was 2 degrees Celsius(36 F!) today. ;)

Monday was fun - I started my internship! We helped out with an English class for an hour, which was fun. Mainly we played lots of little games and then folded origami. And then the students gave us a bagful of origami figures. They're adorable! I'm kind of amazed by how interested in us the students are - they want to sit next to us and hold our hands and say hello and talk to us in Japanese and English. They're adorable, and all the teachers at the school are really nice. I really enjoy this internship!And today has been a really good day, too. I've biked all over Hikone, it feels like. We first went to lunch at a restaurant that is pretty much as close as you can get to Americanized Chinese food - I have never been so excited for sweet and sour pork and spring rolls. We also rode by this hotel - yes, it is a hotel - on the way and I had to get a picture. My second trip out of the day was to City Hall with a friend, then to the grocery store. I feel like I'm finally getting used to riding a bike around town - it's becoming less of a chore and more relaxing.

This is kind of a weird week - we don't actually have class on Friday! Normally we'd have a test, but we're visiting an elementary school instead so our exam of the week is tomorrow. So we have a listening exam during the end of second hour and an exam during third hour. To make things more confusing, our test is on chapter 15 but we've been covering chapter 16 stuff ALL WEEK. Last week we didn't have a test due to our vacation day so we're a week behind on testing. I think it should turn out okay, though! Plus, tomorrow night we're having tacos, thanks to a friend's care package and a professor's trip to Costco. Mmmm, tastes like home.

That's all I know for now. :) Have a wonderful week! Before I go, though, have a music pick-me-up: it's my homestay sister Kana's current favorite song. It's so cheerful and everything. The song may be in Japanese, but it's actually by a Korean girls' group - there's a lot of crossover between K-Pop and J-Pop, as it's called (but no Japanese person has ever heard of J-Pop, as I discovered a few days ago!). Enjoy!

Shojo Jidai - Genie

No comments:

Post a Comment